Built in 1912 for the New York, Westchester and Boston Railroad, this landmark Italian Renaissance building is now the entrance to the 180th Street IRT subway station. LHPA’s renovation, a joint venture with Weidlinger Associates, has restored the historic building and its entry and rehabilitated the elevated station with ADA access.
In addition to restructuring the building and its forecourt, the rehabilitation will provide new elevator access and improved circulation patterns. The project also includes repairs to the station’s structural, mechanical, electrical plumbing, lighting and communications systems.
© 2012 LHP Architects, PLLC. All Rights Reserved. Website by Spliteye